The Safety Group 497 Executive Committee is composed of elected representatives from the membership at large. The committee retains the Group Manager and meets several times a year to evaluate the group accounting, and when appropriate, recommends an annual dividend.
The committee also formulates and conducts a sound safety program to:
- Help prevent occupational and other accidents, diseases and losses.
- Provide for improved medical care of employees.
- Reduce the cost of insurance to members.
- Represent Group 497 before appropriate bodies and agencies.
- Disseminate safety information to others.